View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 08:02 AM   #265
Mansun

Quote:
Originally Posted by narfforc
Best of luck Alatar with your attempts at getting your hands on a freebie copy of the games, I have always found the best way is to borrow it from someone, and then forget who lent it to me, pleading ignorance when my irate ex-friend turns up at my door purple-faced and talking in a foreign language full off four letter words. Once you have got hold of one of the games, I hope you do enjoy them, playing as Gandalf the White is good, you get to call for Shadowfax and charge into battle. I destroyed The Witch-King with the beam from his staff, the one you see in the film, this is called The Light of the Istari, however I killed Gandalf by continually landing on his head whilst riding my fell-beast, now why didn't Peter Jackson think off that instead of that silly grovelling scene, ummm......

The above statements are irrelevant to this thread. If you wanted to discuss these games, try all those idiots on the online format of the game.

One thing I wanted to clear up was - why did Sauron give the WK an added demonic force? Was it to prevent the upgraded Gandalf from making the current WK looking like an overrated lowly adversary, to destroy Gandalf, or just to scare off anyone else (e.g. Aragorn) who dared challenge him in his attempt to capture Minas Tirith? I think it was the former or the latter of these, but not the middle ground. Afterall, Sauron doesn't even have his Ring, so just how much power could he afford to suck out of him & onto his servant? Not enough power to destroy Gandalf I think!

Last edited by Mansun; 08-10-2006 at 08:05 AM.