View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 08:05 PM   #38
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I am a Cheeky British Barrowdowner and I detest the fact. I'm Irish, not British! *moans in sorrow at the unfair implication and ends off with a mischievous wink... and then I feel my mask of inscrutibility slipping and realize I'm showing my more insane side* I can be a British Barrowdowner as long as it applies to the Irish and at the same time doesn't, for I'll never be British. I have the tiniest bit of English blood in me (some folk from Kent) but not a touch of British. All ye Barrowdowners of England ignore me... I have separate definitions for English and British.... it's Tolkien's fault, really. I pay you a high compliment, Downers of England, and say I consider you English, not British, as far as my own definitions of the words go.

It must have been the questions about the pubs. I am a pub person, I'll own. I don't drink and I don't smoke but I do love to go to a pub for a good, rousing song and the lovely, family atmosphere... what's the odd thing that in America one can't even go into a pub unless they're over 21? I have sweet images in my mind of a pub in Ireland where little children were playing under the tables. But I shall not daydream, this I vow. And perhaps somehow the test picked up on the fact that with each passing day I improve on doing British accents.

Henceforth I shall be known as the 'Cheeky Irish Barrowdowner.' I can't be British for the life of me. Perhaps I was known as such already, but it's official now.

I just think it's odd I was not chosen King of the World, because how often I am... those evenings when the woods beckon and call and I go, and I own the world and everything in it.... just for those evenings and sunset....

All right... as with some of the questions more than one answer could apply to me I'm taking the test again even as we speak and the result is.... oh, I'm still a Cheeky Irish Barrowdowner. Alas, I'm hopeless.

Fun, Lush! Thank you! Diamond, I never saw your personality quiz. Where was it?