View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 06:48 AM   #624
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Let me know when Saeryn's character is handled incorrectly...or butchered entirely, Fea.

In the mean time, have fun with what I just wrote. I could have done more, but I figured now might be a good time to let you write something.
Are you kidding? This is great. We all know she's a bit of a hot head. She gets herself into things before thinking about them. She's smart and she knows how to do everything she's supposed to do, but she tends not to consider that when acting on impulse. And obviously there are social norms which that doesn't apply to: she's proper in the things that matter, but her personal heroine is Eowyn, which means that duty, honor, and freedom to live and die for your country in a way that matters to you are top priorities.

So calling Degas a coward is going to strike a fascinating note...

Because yeah, he basically gave up on their home half a dozen years ago. Used the younger son excuse to leave and hasn't been back since. With their parents gone, their sister gone, Saeryn relocated, and no responsibilities there, he had no reason or desire to show up. Hence the Gondorian emigration. Like the young artist living in a run down loft in NYC, hoping to make it big, our boy found himself in Elessar's court, playing off his heritage to get himself more interesting audiences.

Not very lordly behavior... So Saeryn's accusation is completely unfair, but it's also hilarious accurate.

And he's going to have to retain his newfound maturity to avoid telling her that her home would have been Eodwine's hall if she hadn't spooked and ran away as soon as he called her on there bordering-inappropriate relationship.

I'll write that some time today...