Thread: The Dark Powers
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2002, 05:28 PM   #1
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye The Dark Powers

Okay, not to totally undermine what the best thing to ever grace the planet was about, but I can't help myself. In recent months I have taken keen interest in Judeo-Christian Mythos (I am hard at work on my own fantasy series). I obviously notice the obvious connection between Morgoth-Melkor and Satan-Lucifer. But what intrigues me is this; what about his underlings? I understand Beelzebub was the captain of Satan's armies. Not unlike Gothmog? After all, a fiery devil is not too disimilar to a fiery demon. Vampires, Wolves and Spiders fit into the scheme as dark servents. But where in it all does Sauron fit in? Who is he? Besides the fact that he was a Maia of Aule and of the Fire element, a master craftsmen, what do we know to connect it? He has fiery cat eyes. He has black skin (in his WotR form). Who was he? Someone tell me. I need to know. And if you can think up more connections (pre-Christ of course, Tolkien himself didn't want to undermine the good book), do it.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote