View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 05:41 AM   #1013
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
In other words, we better not have the men telling them they're NOT going until the men realize it themselves, if you know what I mean....
I disagree here. This is why. When we as writers had discussed that the ladies were not be leaving with the men, it was all about preserving the ladies' honor. I think that if the topic was brought up within the characters, that discussion could take place on their own without it being an "Erebemlin said so" sort of thing. He will of course not allow the ladies to leave with him, and I think he would not even consider the the women folk would want to leave when they were now in a safe place. I think the men would attempt to at least talk them out of it in the meantime. Does Ędegard want Leafa to go out again after all that has happened? Or even Liornung and Bella? How would it look for unmarried women to set out from the city with a group of men? These things could, and I think should, be discussed by the characters.

I believe that some of this can occur while the current scene is being wrapped up or extended as Elessar may wish to meet with Mellondu.