View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 09:26 PM   #63
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tuor of Gondolin and Essex,

We probably should start a poll regarding the 'best' movie of the trilogy, if one doesn't exist already, as such global declarations are not really part of the SbS - not that I don't want to add my opinion . We might state our feelings regarding the particular sequence, but as I think that we all realized before the start of the SbS, simply stating how one feels is more interesting when it is accompanied with why.

As an example, I might assume that Essex prefers RotK over FotR and TTT as RotK has less changes or RotK is more faithful to the source - though really I cannot be sure (again that's not the discussion) and don't want to guess. But at least there's an indication of why. Seeing something in one of the sequences that really makes (or breaks) the film for you would also be interesting to read - the more specific the better. I'd wager that some of you know what breaks RotK for me...Hopefully when I've stated my likes and dislikes in the opening post I've also supplied clear reasons why.

If not, be sure to let me know.

Cheer. - alatar