View Single Post
Old 02-29-2004, 06:25 PM   #93
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
"Well, if you wouldn't mind, then take it. It'll be good training in leadership for you. We all have to do things that we don't quite agree with. If they're going to be stubborn, then they don't get to go on the hunt. It'll all be up to you."

Alearindu still looked unconvinced, but nodded her agreement. Tane smiled and gripped her arm. "Don't worry. Remember, it is just a little contest."

Tane remounted Skit and turned toward the settlement with a wave to the female Ranger. He didn't want to debate the matter with her too much, or give her too much input from himself. This would be her venture and learning experience completely.

The settlement seemed to be eeking along in growth, but most things took time to start a faster development. They needed to get an outer wall up though, as fast as possible. Most of the villagers he saw went about their business with the only worries on their minds dealing with trivial things like what to cook for dinner or if they had time to move the wood. Tane had been dealing with the hillmen for a good while now and they were volitile and unpredictable, which made them a hard opponent to defeat. If they chose, they could do a lot of damage to the settlement before the fight was over.

Tane came upon the trading post and dismounted in front of a small makeshift roping post for horses. The Ranger loosely tied up Skit and entered through the flap to see a lot of things shoved into a small space.

"Hello, my name is Kaben and if you need any help finding something I can point you in the right direction." The greeting came from a slightly thin man adjusting some material off to the right.

"I'm just looking for right now."

Kaben smiled brightly. "That's fine. Hope you find something you like," and then he went back to lifting and adjusting.

There were two other shoppers around and a few others came and left as Tane went through the semi-lanes made from shelves and tables. This little post did have quite a lot for just starting out in such a desolate place. Tane still wasn't quite sure what the prize for the winning group was going to be. A feast had been mentioned, but he was thinking about small tokens as well. It could be the Rangers contribution to the winners as the feast was from the settlers. He just wasn't sure at all of what to get. There were some nice daggers, blankets, and even a few decorative items. This might take some serious thought.