View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 08:37 AM   #14
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
The exact opposite for me. Werewolves are cool only in dark Transilvanian forests. Dragons are cool wherever they are.
That's true - Dragons are cool. However, old Carkey is still better for me than old Ankey, most of all probably because I know basically nothing about old Ankey except that he existed. Okay, when I try to imagine him, he might have been really cool - especially if he was really black and spitting some nicely-coloured flames (red, then green, or even blue)... But in general, as with Dragons, the Dragon I liked the most was Smaug. Then Scatha. Then Glaurung, who had a fascinating personality (literally), however he was a stupid and lame worm (both the adjectives emphasising the word "worm". It's not that he would be stupid or anything, and it was Brandir who was lame around there). Dragons need wings! (in contrary to some other flame-using creatures I might recall) Calkie, like I said, was given too little space (although sometimes it rouses one's imagination when you just hear very little about somebody, but this was not the case). Too bad for him.

Perhaps he will find himself more popularity elsewhere. Long live for your washing machine - your Calgon!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote