View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #733
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I was enchanted by the visual imagery of the movies when they appeared, and the music worked as well, creating an athmosphere worth experiencing. But already then I was quite critical with the choices the directing team made - and the casting of some central characters etc.

Now I see that te latter were true judgements. I don't feel like going back to those dvd's because as movies they're just the average lousy drama of 21st century. Beautiful at times, touching because of the music at others; but as movies, as drama, as touching characters go... quite insignificant.

On another note from the last fall, I do agree with you that in the old 'Downs the Inn's were places where people crashed into and then stayed to either wander into other RPG's or just to stick there - or then just vanished as soon as they entered if it was not for them.

I have't been following the Golden Perch lately (which I think is this "first level Inn" to pop into to get the hang of it), but I have noted the "traffic" is like one tenth of the times gone by - like when I entered the Green Dragon...

The Scarburg Mead Hall, which should be the "next level" inn is going forwards in bursts, but it seems that mainly the same people attend to it. We had this change of eorlship there and managed to get new writers into there, but it feels at times like an RPG that those not already involved with it just don't dare to enter. Which is sad.

Also, when has there been a new RPG starting the last time? When I joined the 'Downs there were many going on. Or when has an RPG ended as planned? It might even be that the first game I played in (The "Outracing the Flames" by Arry on 2006) was the last game that actually finished as planned...?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote