View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #2044
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Formy, that was an awesome line at the end of your post: "elvishily impractical." What a great line!
Thank you, sir. It was a happy little moment of inspiration, I though.

And because I've been asked elsewhere, I'll clarify Náin's situation so that the rest of you are clear...

Because Náin has the misfortune to have as his writer a student who is sporadically able/unable interested/distracted, depending those sordid things known collectively as "real life", what I've told Nogmod is that Náin will still be attached to Scarburg--but he doesn't permanently live there. It fits well with his history/situation thus far: he's something of a goodwill ambassador from the Dwarves to the Rohirrim, so he's back and forth between Gimli at Aglarond and the Rohirrim--in theory Éomer in Edoras, but mostly on loan to Scarburg as a "consultant," to use the modern term, and as a sculptor for some of the finer bits of the hall, like the fireplace mantle, etc.

What this means, in practical terms, is that Náin will around as often as I am--if it's month or two when I'm too busy or distracted, Náin will conveniently be away that day/week at Edoras or Aglarond... but otherwise he'll be at the Hall. And if things turn out that I am able/interested to be around all the time... then it'll conveniently just be the days that we don't roleplay when he's off.

Sound good?