View Single Post
Old 04-01-2003, 10:17 PM   #30
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Farien stared up at each captive that was brought close to her. She scanned each face for a glimpse of Eregiâth, her husband.

Arrin had fallen asleep on her lap, completely exhausted. Her little pink mouth hung open at the corner, and her white face was muddy. Telmir sat beside his mother sturdily. He was a serious boy, old enough to know not to move or make a sound. She was proud of him, acting so grown up. Serra however, didn't understand what was going on. She whimpered constantly under her breath and her big brown eyes trickled a stream of tears. Farien wiped her nose on a corner of her skirt.

"Where's Daddy?" she asked with a little hiccup. Farien smoothed her hair back with the hand that wasn't holding Arrin. "I don't know, love, Daddy's coming in a while." she whispered, more to keep Serra quiet than because she belived it. But she continued to scan the faces of the men who were brought near.

As she watched another man's form began to materialize out of the fog in front of her. He looked familiar. It was... "Eregiâth!" she whispered to him.

"Farien!" he replied, kissing the top of her head. "Are they alright?" he asked, motioning to the children. "Are you alright?"

"We're all fine." Farien answered, but was cut off by Serra's soft voice, "Daddy's bleeding!"

"Daddy's fine." Eregiâth insisted, as he scooped up the wriggling girl and sat in her place beside Farien. "We have to get out of here," he whispered in her ear.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!