View Single Post
Old 04-10-2004, 11:29 AM   #25
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien Bestialán...

The short walk back to the room holding "the catch" seemed longer than it actually was, though Bestialán was not quite sure why. He quickly threw any distracting thought out of his mind and continued his slow walk. The door was not far ahead. As he soon arrived at the entrance, he raised his dragging head to find three persons, all of his race, standing at the door. One was a guard, named Kínadhen that had been there earlier. The others were two civilians of his community.

Bestialán gestured a "hello" at one of the by-standers, named Maulká, who happened to be looking his direction. Nephil, the other one standing at the door, stood against the wall with his eyes concentrating on what seemed like either the floor or whatever object he was holding in his hand that Bestialán could not see.

"Don't tell me all of you are here for this 'catch' as well?" Bestialán said as he approached the door. "What, has this news already spread to every Rhűn-ian in the area?"

Kínadhen nodded his head.

"Well, then what are we doing standing out here for? Let us see it," commanded Bestialán.

As Bestialán began to reach for the handle of the door, Kínadhen stepped in the way and pushed him back. Kínadhen stood firmly at the door with a large spear held out in defense. Bestialán looked at he guard in anger.

"My orders were to not let anyone in," Kínadhen said.

"You don't expect me to believe that the only reason I was called here was because of that pint-sizes menace earlier, do you?" replied Bestialán

The guard gestured a "yes" with his eyes. "I would advise you," Kínadhen began, "that you return to your post. Those in your position do not have any business with matters such as this."

Bestialán gave Kínadhen a wry look of discontent. He felt his left hand clench the sword at his waist, but seeing the guard also clench his spear tightly, he quickly lowered his hand...just in case. Bestialán took a deep breath and stared into the guard's eyes.

"I'm not leaving," Bestialán said, and he took his place against the opposite wall from which the others stood.