View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #258
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Maybe you're trying to rally people not to waste the lynch, which is reasonable enough, but painting the situation as nearly hopeless will just demoralize the village.
I was painting it as hopeless in an ironic tune. I'm not sure if I managed it - seemingly not. But the real point was, as you say, rallying people to get into this and not to think that as we have so many people around we can just look and see what happens.

Quote:
I doubt Shasta would fail to make it clear, in that case, which role was responsible for which kill.
I don't think that is anything like evident. It could well be that it is not revealed, at least openly.

Looking at the kills this far...
Quote:
Shasta - Ke3xe4, Night 1 (Moderator)
Gwathagor - d3xe4 (Lynched), Day 1 (White Pawn)
Eomer of the Rohirrim - Qd8xh4 (Killed), Night 2 (White Pawn)
Nerwen - Bc8xa6 (Killed), Night 2 (White Rook)
... might hint that last Night's kills were done by the baddies as the starting positions of the killers are Qd8 and Bc8 meaning the black opening side. But the lynch yesterDay was made from d3 meaning a pawn from d3 which exactly isn't anyone's starting position in a game of chess anyway - and neither is the killing of Shasta in the beginning (Ke3). So the initial position of a piece clearly is not the thing grants us firm knowledge of who the move-maker is as the possible position of the pieces in the board is not the opening set up anyway * (we don't even have all the pieces in the game to begin with), and if it's not, we have no way of telling what the board looks like and which piece is where.

Okay. Like I said, this is just an idea and we might need to revisit it on later Days if trying to figure out the reasoning behind the kills will give us problems but right now I'm not sure this merits too much pondering as it's immeadiate helpfulness toDay is doubtful.

EDIT: * and the killed piece seems to have been way out from it's initial position everytime someone has been killed...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote