View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 07:06 PM   #10
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I, too, have heard comments about homosexuality being protrayed in the movie and books - mostly pertaining to Frodo and Sam. (I actually never heard Aragorn and Legolas paired up...I never noticed that they looked at each other except in conversation. Sheesh. What's a man supposed to do while talking to another guy?) It makes me hot with anger and disgust.

I talked about it once with my older brother. We were talking about how close in friendship Frodo and Sam got on their journey to Mordor and through it. He said as follows:

"They just don't understand what real friendship is like. You stick two of those boys or young men together, give them a gun and send them out to fight in Vietnam by themselves and they'll become close friends, too!"

And I think that's it. They just can't comprehend the torture, the agony, and the difficulty of the journey, the mental torment it must have been! You need someone to lean on!

And, yeah, as Durelin said - girl's often say 'I love you' to one another. What about your family? You say that to your Mom and Dad and siblings (well........you should). There are quite a few different types of love, and I think the problem with the people who are saying that LotR is homosexual don't understand that.

You also need to understand that - at least in the U.S. - everything is about sex. You can't get away from it - unless you're homeschooled, like I was. There is no other 'love' to the common teenager or young person, and even to some of the older supposedly 'mature' person, than that. And so, when they watch a movie that has no girls in it, they try to apply it and what do they find?? My blood boils to think. I think that's actually why PJ had to add Arwen so much....to get some people off his back about having no girl in it. Bah humbug.

Anyway, there are just some of my thoughts. I think it's disgusting. The thought would have never run through my little innocent mind if it weren't for some sick people.

-- Folwren