View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 03:32 AM   #1
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I don't understand this either...

This popped again to my mind just a minute ago. I'm in the school library and overheard some of my fellow students speaking about the LotR films. "The third is sooo homoerotic." "Yes, it really is. I can't understand how it can be that homoerotic. The others aren't." "Well, the second's too. Just think of it. The whole film's just Legolas and Aragorn staring at each other."

This wasn't even the first time Iheard something like this. Some of my former classmates kept speculating about relationships between Frodo and Sam or Aragorn and Legolas. I admit that might have been partly to annoy me, but they wouldn't have speculated that if they hadn't noticed a possible connection, however slight that was.

In the biggest and most renown Finnish newspaper, Helsingin Sanomat, there was an article about fan fiction something like year ago. There was a pic from TTT where Legolas and Aragron converse and in the text there was a homoerotic Aragorn+Legolas fanfic quote. The text implied that the fanfic had been inspired by the movies.

Now, where's all this come from? Is there some hidden gay agenda in the movies? Or are the movies unintentionately homoerotic? Or is this all just because teenagers have to include sexual agenda everywhere? Or is it just random that this many people have "noticed" something?

I'm quite at loss with this, and I'd like to hear some opinions.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote