View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 05:43 PM   #11
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

The sun was just beginning to creep over the horizon when Thoronmir woke along with the other rangers in their camp. He had breakfast along with the others, and reported in to the meeting with Thorgil and the other leaders. "As some of you may know," Thorgil had been saying, "there is a new settlement being built on the shores of the lake." Thoronmir nodded, having already noticed the large number of people who had been gathering on the shore along with the supplies for the new colony. "Awyrgan and Alearindu have already volunteered to stay with the settlers to protect them. I am going to need more volunteers to scout out the surrounding hills for the hillmen's strongholds."
"I'll volunteer," said Thoronmir. "I'm already familiar with the area."

And that is how he found himself in the southern hills of Evendim several days later.

He awoke one morning to the rising of the sun in the east. fastened his sword to his belt, threw on his cloak, and strapped on his pack, bow, and quiver of arrows. He got on his horse and rode off down the trail toward where he had spotted the hillmen the day before. He had not had much luck finding the hillmen's strongholds until the last couple of days, when he had begun following the group he had seen. If he was lucky, they would probably lead him right to a major stronghold.

When he arrived at the camp, he found that the hillmen had already left; only a few blackened stones were left to show where they had made a fire. Thoronmir dismounted and examined the ground carefully for signs of where the hillmen had gone. He found what looked like trampled undergrowth going in a regular path to the southwest. Thoronmir remounted his horse and started following the new path.

[ September 02, 2003: Message edited by: Meneltarmacil ]