View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 11:59 AM   #679
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Now I've had a decent amount of sleep at last - staying up till after 1am twice a week when you're working isn't healthy at all, and I feel for our Finns for whom it was even worse. Also had a few peeks at the Dead thread - I'll read the whole thing one of these days, but let me say I just loved Formy's colourful expletives ("By Manwë's blue nether regions" ).

I think I'll start these comments by apologising to Hui for that braindead vote on D2. That was definitely another episode in the continuing series of games featuring Ordwife as the Honorary Cobbler (although TBH I didn't see another option, as I still thought sally was being framed at the time, and I didn't want to vote Lottie or Boro). Also great job picking the Ghost quotes!

Next has to be ++Morsul for MVP. Never ever again pretend you're not smart! You played an awesome game, and I'm sorry it took me too long to trust you on D5 - we could still have won. (Also I hope the car thing will sort itself out.)

Wolves sally, Lommy, Legate - well played, like I said, you deserved to win. I don't think I would have suspected sally without the Ghost info, not until she contradicted herself about her Seer dreams. And it's funny I suspected Lommy on D1 and Legate on D2, but then you, Lommy played the Deliberately Confused part well enough to keep me in doubt. (Btw when I saw your triumph howl post after the final narration I knew exactly how you must be feeling, and I was so happy for you I almost didn't mind losing. These are the moments we play WW for, aren't they?)

Boro - excellent work as a Ghostbuster, and you deserve to be MVP along with Morsul. Having to convince you of my innocence on D4 was tough but fortunately it all went well.

Kath - sorry for my part in drawing you out and getting you Night killed, but I'm glad you dreamed me when you did!

Lottie and Form - you both rocked the Ghost roles, it was both helpful and fun to have you haunting us (especially the troll quote)!

Greenie - wish we could have had you around longer, even if you suspected me for suspecting Lommy who actually was a wolf!

Soriman - that wasn't bad at all for a first game! I hope you enjoyed your first foray into this bloodthirsty and mind-twisting corner of the Downs, and we'll see you again!

G55 and BG - thank you both for modding such a great and fun game! I loved the narrations, and the Ghost role was a fun addition to the game.

As for the balance issues that have been discussed, I concur that Ghost + infodrops + tie-breaking Dead vote is a bit much. I'd say

• either keep the Ghost and eliminate the drops, so the Ghost can only communicate the speculations of the Dead and dreams of a dead Seer (I almost wrote Songs of a Dead Dreamer here), and also limit the use of quotes
  • or keep the drops and eliminate the Ghost, and also make the Dead vote count as a normal vote, or have the Dead empower the vote of a living player, as in the last game.