View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 12:35 AM   #120
Ivriniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ivriniel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
And he did so with the help of Tom Bombadil, who is actually a Time Lord who travelled through all the history of Arda before he was marooned in Third Age Eriador together with his companion, Goldberry - which is how he could have seen the first acorn etc. and Treebeard could still be the eldest living creature, because, well, Tom came from the future in his house, which is of course a Tardis with its chamaeleon circuit intact, or how do you suppose it was able to conjure up a room with four mattresses and matching slippers for Frodo and his friends?

Sorry, Ivriniel, life is too short for this. I'm out.
Well, it's a funny post, actually. I'm not belly laughing, but it's funny. It seems to me that it's Morthoron who for some strange reason, tickles my funny bone. It's a mystery, to me actually, and I'd love it if you used the metaphor in the funny style (it's funny ) to reconnect with the materials.

Yes - life is too short - I decided, that, which is why I stopped being upset about thread materials that disagree with my opinion.

As my wonderful set of [funny] friends say - who I see often - 'opinions are like assho**s everybody has one'. I actually just spent the morning with a friend, who asked 'why is your voice croaky at the moment, Stav'. My reply "oh my god, I've never laughed so hard in a very long time. I'm enjoying this site where people are just so funny sometimes about canon-propriety.

It's wonderful, isn't it, having a life. And I don't know - are you suggesting only you have one away from here, or, um that I don't have one because I've written so much? Or that varying your posting style to Tardis to echo others' presence-ss (my precious, that it's time say 'I'm out').

I don't care, really. So, it's funny Pitchwife. I normally don't spend OH MY GOD - two days researching stuff. But, I did. I did it, to respect Morthoron, actually. Strangely, this has been lost on this stream. I understand that she/he really does appreciate -- CANON -- and so, I'm the 'idiot' (obtuse, I am was in her/his words) that - enjoyed - being told I was an idiot. Enjoyed being spanked, yanked, pushed, prodded, and were I younger, I'd have done what I no longer do.

Spitfire in reply. I curbed it. Started to allow it. Responded to content, sent thank you's, kind regards-es, and allowed it all. So here I am - at the other side. I normally would NEVER take such a time and delight in research and outpouring.

Yet, Pitchwife, these boards ARE part of my life. They are part of yours. And, that doesn't mean they are ALL my life. That's nonsense. And it's also nonsense to imply or suggest that any Canonite who has spent their career or LIFE dedicated to the Canon world to suggest it is NOT a life for those folk.

So, I appreciate your comments. I've enjoyed meeting you. I really liked the tie to Stephen Donaldson. And--I don't care, if you're cross at me. I'll live, and I'll allow it, and I'll enjoy being the -- good -- person I am.

Kind Regards - please re-engage, if you like. If you don't, as I said - I don't care. This thread's almost done. I do note, though, that between posting each round, there are an additional several dozen, sometimes several hundred reads.

So, that's another thing about words. I don't care, that I do care, that is to have a care, about care -- IN FACT -- to care, enough -- not to care, when - to care less, is to care more, and that's the funny thing about -- Grace. Whether or not you're a Christian, Grace is an aspirational -- term. That's why "...I like less that half of you half as well as you deserve...".

So, I'll take that as a good sign. I'm going to summarise the findings, in a crisp concluding post, with all the best bits of the -- JOURNEY.

I believe that people meet for a reason. I also believe our reason for meeting, Pitchwife is much more elusive than a gripe or two. Bear with me.

Kind regards

Iv

Last edited by Ivriniel; 12-07-2015 at 05:45 AM.
Ivriniel is offline   Reply With Quote