View Single Post
Old 05-16-2004, 05:27 AM   #107
nynnd1
Haunting Spirit

nynnd1 has just left Hobbiton.
Bredan was on his sixth mug of ale, and still going steady. He could feel people looking at him disapprovingly, he guessed for drinking this early and also drinking this much this early. The Hobbit lass behind the bar came near enough to him for Bredan to request what he had been requesting throughout the morning, though it was not what he really needed. A clear head would have served Bredan better, especially with his current circumstance, he was just about to find out what Miss Aman thought about him when they had been rudely interrupted, he had made up his mind, or rather the drink had made up his mind for him.

He had decided that Snaveling was an old flame of Aman’s, they had an argument, all Snaveling’s fault obviously. And now Snaveling felt jealous of Bredan getting close to Aman, for he saw the look in Aman’s eyes directed to Bredan. Bredan himself was not to sure what the look was, but Bredan after a few drinks was certain that she liked him. Bredan looked around the inn, people enjoying there selves, eating breakfast, talking about him and staring like he was some animal to be looked upon, in the corner there was a couple, laughing and kissing each other, Bredan could feel jealousy breaking down the walls of his heart and consuming him.

The door opened and a mass of morning light shot through and hit Bredan’s eyes, he squinted and turned away, blinking to try and get the light from his eyes.

“I will have another drink now please maid” Bredan directed his speech at the maid, he had started to slur his words, and his vision was no longer perfect.

“If you must” was the reply.

“Well I must, for this morning the ale is acting as a killer of pain for my heart”, or so Bredan thought all it was doing was raising jealousy and anger in his mind and heart. Bredan drank this one a lot quicker than any he had drunk before, as this thought stuck in his head.

“And another please” he slurred out to the maid.

“I think you have had enough” she said back.

“Oh ok.” His voice getting louder. “ You know when I have had enough, but is my custom not welcome here, am I not good enough for your service,” Bredan waited to collect his thought’s. “I have had enough.” He said getting up.