View Single Post
Old 07-10-2002, 05:35 PM   #141
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Aragorn looked again at Kali and directly addressed him, "Master Kali, I wish you great luck in your endeavor. I do not know what direction your ship should sail, or how to explain the strange words of these riddles or even to understand the tales that your own family has passed on."

"But I can tell you one thing which, long ago, Mithrandir spoke to me. It was after he had researched for long years into the ancient history of the realm. And I know that he looked at many scrolls in the archives of Minas Tirith."

"One evening, at a campfire, as we sat alone in the forest, he told me that there was a great deal more to hobbit history than had been remembered or recorded. And that perhaps one day, that lore would become important again. And that things that had long been forgotten would need to see the light. Or else, there would be great danger. Indeed, a danger so great that it threatened to undo that which our own fellowship accomplished in the Third Age."

"I do not know what he meant, and he refused to speak more. Only to say that we must remember the old documents at Minas Tirith and keep them safe."

"I know not if these words will help you, but since this fellow claims kinship with hobbits, I thought it might hold some value."

Then, he looked diectly at Lord Mithadan and Elf Khelek.

"Mithadan, I feel your cause is just. Is there any practical aid I can offer to you in your journey, either in the protection of your vessel or in provisions, or in those whom you wish to meet with in this city? Please speak what aid I may offer you and yours."

"And Khelak, good Elf whom I have long known, explain to me what part you bear in this, as you do not seem part of this group. Indeed, if I did not know differently, I might say there was some strangeness between these folk and you."

King Elessar, Mithadan, and the Elf Khelak drew over to the side of the chamber and began to speak privately.

[ July 10, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]