View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #17
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Lommy, 2 weeks may be a bit long to wait, but we'll see. with 10 "gifted" roles I'd like somewhere around 6-8 ordos, so if we double the player list, I'll probably be ready to go. We'll see though, sign-ups have been slow last couple times and I can certainly understand wanting breaks from WW.

Agan, hmm next friday I should be able to do, if I have the full 16-18 players today or tomorrow, I'll probably want to start by Monday. However, if it's not full until after the weekend, I'll wait until Friday and you can let me know about that question mark.

Sally, well the reason I have it right now at 5pm EST is I know every day I can be on at that time to close/open the thread (also it's such a Euro-friendly time). 6pm, I should be on, but somedays might not be. Although, I have an honorary co-mod now who wouldn't mind covering if by chance I'm not around at 6. So if 6pm EST (11 GMT, 5 CT) still works for everyone, we'll go with that DL.

Foley, aww, no worries though, I understand. Do keep reading and following the games if you can.

With regards to the B-W and Bombadil, thanks Legate, because that is something that I should make more clear. I think I wrote it as it was Bombadil's "primary" goal to drive the B-W out of Bree, which is still a bit ambigious. I had originally thought, if Bombadil "wins" when he finds the B-W, than Bombadil also "leaves" Bree as his objective would be complete. However, that would take away a person in the innocent tally, and if that happens relatively late it could have a huge effect. So, instead I thought...well if Bombadil's here to find the B-W and kick him out, than he might want to stick around for that wolf problem also going on in Bree. I shall make that more clear than about the roles. Bombadil is on the villager's team, but his priority first and foremost is not the wolves, it will be the B-W.

Nog, while I think that idea is very tempting and it does raise up the importance of the role, I'm going to agree with Legate. That seems very unfair to any individual player who gets stunned, to be "out" of the game for 48 hours. Hmm, but I think it could add interesting dynamics to the game. I wouldn't want it to happen on an "everyday" sort of basis, whoever the B-W stuns they are out for both night and day phase, for all the reasons that Legate mentions. What about sort of a 10% chance (or something) that someone stunned at night does not "wake up" from it during the day. Also, equipping Bombadil with a one time ability to heal someone who has been stunned night and through the day. This will make it so that it's certainly not an every day occurance, and if it does happen, than Bombadil has a one-use power to "wake up" the person during the day. Which might take away the point, but Bombadil would have to consider if he wants to use his one-time healing then, or save it if by chance it happens again...etc

In any case, I'll leave it up to a vote for the village, because I do think being taken out of the game for 48 hours is unfair to the person who gets stunned.

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-15-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote