View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 02:17 AM   #15
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
How about the Barrow-Wight's "stun" would mean that that person is out of the game for the day (24 hours) in what comes to her/his personal input? So no possibility of doing anything that Night or the Day ensuing?

So with an innocent it would mean just the one chosen not being able to post on the Day (an innocent has nothing to do at Night anyway).

With a gifted: not able to pick a new pick for the coming Day (seer loses his dream, ranger can't protect, Ferny can't spy), and needs to remain quiet the next Day.

With a wolf: As soon as the Barrow-Wight has informed the mod, the one wolf chosen would be cut off from any PM'ing with his mates - and like other roles, should remain silent the next Day.

The picks of the Barrow-Wigh (those stone-cold by him that day) should be announced in the thread with the opening narration everyDay (the others would know whom the B-W picked) - but they'd have to be lynchable even if they're away...

In that way I think the B-W's role would actually rise to the importance it craves for...
Honestly, no, I think that's really overstretching it. Firstly, I think BW is fine right now the way it is. Secondly, it would be terribly boring, imagine that you are knocked out cold for the Night AND Day, and preferrably also lynched on the next Day! It is totally unfair to people, somebody might sign up for the game, but be knocked out and basically never get a chance to play. It is enough that from time to time people might have to skip a Day because of RL business, I think there is no need to boost it with such things. Thirdly, also it will become clear every Day who was knocked out, and it will also reveal who is NOT the Barrow-Wight then, which, I think, is somewhat against the logic of the role, as the BW tries to stay hidden (as long as Tom is around). So, my personal opinion, it is fine the way it is. I am okay with the rules. The only thing I would consider is what I said in my post above. But that's more like for the Mod to see if there isn't some gap in the rules (which tends to happen and you may realise it only during gameplay, like using a Hunter's list to "find" a Wolf in one of my games, or the thing about six-sided lynch in the previous game).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote