View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #9
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I guess I better post in here. . .simply out of fear of which movie STW will chose as an example next time if we do not reply.

Anyways I doubt many people would disagree with you when you say that it is possible to make a good movie that is based on, but not faithfull to a book.

I like LotR movies as they are great intertainment and at times it does take me to that magical universe that Tolkien created, but as a LotR fan I am not pleased with all the changes.

Lets say for an example that I thought that Troy was a fab movie that I absolutely loved and at the same time I was a fan of the Iliad, then I would not put Troy on to watch the Iliad as it is simply not faithfull enough.

What I am trying to say is that there is two sides too this. . .a movie can be a good movie without being a good adaption of the books and as Tolkien fans what most of us wanted when we went to see LotR was a good adaption. I

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote