View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #335
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The Legate of Amon Lanc

Legate is truly eloquent. You really have to read between the lines with him. My comments are the ones in brackets.

goes after Six and, lesser so, at Lommy - sophisticated debates are useless this early (ewww..) - suspects Rikae, Roa, Glirdan a little - adds his opinion role-reveals

thinks the quarrel between Roa and tgwbs speaks for their innocence (I disagree) - says Roa might have a "teacher syndrome" (attempt of downplaying a powerful innocent?)

pessimistic about catching wolves on Day One (already said I didn't like this) - suspects Nogrod because of his summary, even though Nogrod said it will be followed by conclusions (this could indeed have been a mistake by Legate) - suspects Brinniel because of things which are due to her schedule (this whole post really doesn't look good at all)

hesitant about lynching xyzzy (more than hesitant, he gives points for and against, keeping all the options)

takes back suspicion towards Brinn - continues discussing xyzzy - defends tgwbs from a weak point of mine

reads sense into Gil's post and ups his suspicion of Lommy, because he had pondered something similar before - continues on xyzzy

keeps on talking about lynching xyzzy (without giving away any preference about it, he's really sneaky here in fact)

puts his suspicion of Nogrod aside and votes Lommy (at Glirdan 2, Lommy 2, tgwbs 2; this looks extremely innocent, especially since there were only few votes left. However, Lommy voted Glirdan, too. It's possible that the wolves were planning it this way, though this probably takes it too far. Legate's suspicion against Lommy is awfully thin, though on Day One, that's excusable)

Lommy voters (Gil & tgwbs) don't look like wolves to him (fair point. However, if anybody did look like a wolf to him (why emphasise the Lommy voters otherwise?), why didn't he vote that one?)

----

criticises my way of making Mith look innocent (good point, of course) - gives more points on Lommy (why now and not the Day before when they could've done harm to his seeming prime suspect?) - no longer wants to lynch Six because he's a newbie

list of suspects (I'll just pick the interesting ones: ) - very uncertain about tgwbs - unsuspicious of Rikae - Mith seems innocent but watchworthy - will focus on Nogrod, Lommy and me

keeps up suspicion on Lommy - sees connection between her and Six - drops me off his list - Nogrod is either a great wolf or a great innocent (don't say ) - will keep his vote for Lommy back (why does he emphasise this?) - realises the start of the Lommy-waggon

misunderstood something I've said (though, if he's evil, it might have been an attempt to start a side discussion)

confirms my explanation - dislikes meta-debate (I like it that he does, though, obviously, a wolf would think this way, too)

states he has nothing to add (would a wolf dare to admit that?) - nobody said something to change his mind on Lommy (which is true, it went pretty slow during that time)

won't vote for tgwbs because he doesn't seem like a wolf to him (knowing Lommy was evil, I thought so, too)

votes Lommy when all is decided

says even if he had voted earlier, it wouldn't have changed the vote

(it doesn't take a lot of imagination to think Legate held back his vote because he realised Lommy could indeed have been lynched. Though he clearly stated he will vote Lommy, he doesn't try to make others do so, too. He plays his suspicion suspiciously unaggressive. Then again, why didn't he just vote somebody else? Did he fear that after Lommy's death (somewhen later), people would have recognised this?)

----

says what Roa says makes sense, even if she lied (huh?) - says Roa's points make Lommy look good, but doesn't put a lot of weight on them - thinks Roa suspicious because of her thoughts on Brinniel - "I doubt we can read something significant from this one. After all, wolves are wolves and do NOT want to be found." (there's that pessimism again)

debates that debating Brinniel "without actively posting anything" is useless (indeed, indeed) - defends himself from Roa, again about Brinniel - doesn't like to vote Lommy when she can't show up

Gil started to smell -
Quote:
I do not meddle in "mainstream discussions", because there are many people involved in them and I generally do not want to meddle in their debate unless I have any concern of supporting either of them. I generally rather watch from the outside and wait if someone of them slips or something like that. Because if I focused on that dispute mainly, it would deepen the concentration on this particular problem, which would help to make the village's view quite narrow. And this is not what we need.
(can't believe he just said that, I must've overlooked it previously, otherwise it would've made me very suspicious. Compare to his comments on xyzzy!)

says Gil might've tried to give tgwbs a wolf-hint - will flip a coin between Gil and Nogrod (a joke, though once more, he keeps up all his options)

defends himself against Mith, who didn't like his vote-lingering

quarrels with Mith again

votes Gil - if Gil is innocent, look for Mith (I once vocally urged the lynching of Menelwolfmacil only because he said something like that)

continues quarreling with Mith

if Gil is innocent, Mith probably is a wolf (he said it again! *prepares stones*)

suspected me of being seer before, trusts me therefore

discusses with Nogrod and wants to know my dreams

wants me to take away his comments on Mith (uhmm... no )

-----

calls Nog and Mith 100% innocent (nah!) (he waffles a lot in this post)

seconds Nogrod and likes the ranger to reveal

wants to hear explanation from Rikae (has overlooked her short one)

didn't expect Rikae to be the ranger - xyzzy and Six remain his only options

#322, #323. #326
tirade against Six (where is Legate and what have you done with him? No seriously, where's the eloquent and unagressive Legate gone? These posts look like he's trying to frame Six)

clears xyzzy

jokes - claims his intention was neutral when he started analysing - says he wrote "on walk" (he wrote on walk and was neutral in the beginning... why then does he condemn Six from his first sentence on? He contradicts himself on a very important point. Btw, he reacted on my comment exactly the way I thought he would if he was lupine)

Conclusion

Starts and urges many side discussions (xyzzy, Brinniel, Mith)
His behaviour towards Lommy could be interpreted evilly, but many things can. The important thing is, that it does not clear him of suspicion in any way.
His comment about Gil and Mith is straight out of the "Things wolves have to do if they want to be lynched by Mac"-manual.
His case against Six is far too condemning and one-sided to be innocent.

The chances are high that I will end up voting Legate toDay.

edit: If ever again I volunteer to make a long analysis, please, somebody beat some sense into me...
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote