Thread: TTT Quotes
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 11:28 AM   #8
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

Actually, I think it's "forked tongue" but whatever. Same meaning gets across <P>I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like those great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s just a passing thing, this shadow. Even the darkness must pass. A new day will come. A new sun will shine, and when it does, it’ll shine out the clearer. Those were the ones that really stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turnin’ back, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something. [Frodo: What are we holding on to, Sam?] That there’s some good in the world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for. --Samwise the Brave <P>Shall I describe it to you, or would you like me to find you a box? --Legolas<P>Cold be heart and hand and bone and cold be travellers far from home. They do not see what lies ahead when sun has failed and moon is dead! --Gollum/Smeagol<P>The fires of Isengard will spread, and the woods of Tuckburrow and Buckland will burn. And all that was once green and good in this world will be gone. There won't be a shire, Pippin. --Merry<P>You could've picked a better spot --Gimli<P>Nice lovely golden chips, and a fried fish... --Sam<P>(nasty noise) --Gollum<P>Even you couldn't say no to that --Sam<P>Oh yes we could. Spoiling nice fish... Give it to us Raw and Wriggling! You keep nasty chips. --Gollum