View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #126
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Deep in the Night, when the other Rangers had finally managed to find some slumber, three figures rose stealthily and looked around them.

“The sleeping spell I have cast holds them firmly,” said one of them. “Nothing will wake them until Daylight.”

“It has gone well for us so far,” said another. “Better even than we could have expected.”

“Yes,” said the third, “the Great Eye will look fondly on us.”

It was then that they noticed that one of the cots was empty.

“Ah, him,” said the first Black Númenórean. “Up and about, is he? I think our choice for toNight has just been made for us.”

The second nodded. “Yes, he needs to be taken care of anyway. He is one of the few who might talk some sense into these pathetic Rangers.”

“But where can he have gone?” wondered the third.

“I think I know,” said the first. “Come!”

Nogrod had gone outside to smoke a pipe of sweet galenas, as was his wont. They found him sitting on a rock near the waterfall, puffing smoke rings and looking at the moon. When he heard their footsteps approaching, he turned around and raised an eyebrow.

“I did not expect you to come for me so early,” he said calmly. “I have barely said a word yesterDay.”

“And we have come to make sure it stays this way,” said the leader of the Black Númenóreans. At a gesture from him, his two accomplices seized Nogrod and held him so fast he could not move when their leader picked the pipe from his mouth.

“This weed is bad for you”, said the sorcerer, sniffing with a wrinkled nose. “No true servant of Annatar would consume it. Besides, you can die from it, did you know? As you will find out now.”

When the cavern lit up with Daylight, the Rangers awoke from dreams of blood and guilt. They soon discovered that Nogrod’s cot had not been slept in.

They didn’t have to search very long, but soon found him just outside the cavern, near the waterfall, lying dead on a slab of rock, his mouth gaping. When they examined the corpse, they found that his tongue was missing, and his pipe had been jammed down his throat.

“Is that supposed to be a pun?” said sally. “Wind-pipe? Abominable.”

It took them longer to find Nogrod’s tongue, which was nowhere on or near his body. But suddenly Greenie cried out in shock.

“What is it?” asked the others. “What have you found?”

She showed them Nogrod’s tobacco pouch. “It must have fallen out of his pocket when we moved the corpse,” she explained. “Look what’s inside.”
__________________________________________________ _____________

DAY 2 HAS BEGUN. Stop all PMing and let the trial continue.

DEAD
Pitch (Mod) - pushed over the edge Night 1
Gal55 (Anborn) – pricked to death Day 1
Nog (ordo) - silenced with a pipe down his windpipe on Night 2

ALIVE
Agan
Greenie
Bom
Boro
Glirdan
Inzil
Lottie
Nate
Rune
sally
Shasta

Last edited by Pitchwife; 01-15-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote