View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 06:07 PM   #9
samwise7
Pile O'Bones

samwise7 has just left Hobbiton.
I was also wondering about Saruman's Ring (I saw a thread on it) and the rings of the Nazgul (that I assume are littered near the remains of Mount Doom).

I know the Elven rings "lessened" but does that mean they are absolutely worthless, or were they just reduced in power somehow? If they are only lessened then perhaps there is still some minor abilities on the rings that others find. Plus you could always say there are other rings that are lesser rings. I guess my question is, after the One was destroyed, did it make all of the other Rings of Power null and void. I think it probably did to a big extent.

I picture Rhun, Nurn, and Harad again being the main areas where armies would spring up, but who's to say that there aren't any more wild creatures far to the East and far to the South.

I kind of like the idea of evil Dwarves that have latched onto Pallando's and Alatars cult/religion. I see perhaps the worship of Morgoth/Melkor being a part of that religion. Maybe the magic they teach is more like being dark sorcerers, that need the bodies of sacrifices to fuel their magic?

I think any 4th age campaign, should be named "The New Shadow" as Tolkien named his short story set in the 4th age (found in the Peoples of Middle-earth, the History of Middle-earth part 12).
A sane being would have given up, but Samwise burned with a magnificent madness; a growing obsession to surmount every obstacle. He knew he would try again, fail perhaps, and try once more, a thousand thousand times if need be.
samwise7 is offline   Reply With Quote