View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:08 AM   #5
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
You realise just how much PJ loves Middle-earth when you see Rath Dinen. The quality of the workmanship in the tombs is just breathtaking. To put all that effort in to a few minutes of screen time shows the love and care PJ has for this material. Yes, he has his own ideas on what constitues an adaption of book form to movie form and we can all agree and disagree on how well he has done this, but the level of detail and craftmenship on these films cannot be denied, surely....

PS I agree somewhat about Denethor's portrayal not being correct. If we could have at least seen the palntir, esp. in the EE. but alas, no. I still view the movie as Denethor DOES have the palantir and is driven mad by it, it's just that we don't see it.....

But I do believe that Jacskon got Boromir spot on character wise. Petulant, childish, heroic, patriotic and blinkered........

PS Gandalf's look as the trolls come through the gate - now THAT look might have worked better when he was confronted by the witch king................
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote