View Single Post
Old 09-05-2004, 07:37 AM   #78
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dűm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Marreth

Marreth's mood was sullen as he watched the Elves exit the cave and head for their ship on longboats. The Elves had gotten the message out to some of their allies outside the cave. Their rescuers had managed to create a large enough hole in the sheet of rocks blocking the entrance that would allow the prisoners inside a method of escape.

“Infernal Elf vermin, Lossoth dogs, may my hate for you be stronger than the waves of the stormy sea." Marreth sourly reflected that nothing in this quest for the past few months had turned out the way it was expectged to. Marreth wondered how the imprisoned Elves had possibly managed to alert their rescuers. Probably some of their devlish feats of magic and power! Scowling, Marreth resisted the temptation to hurl a rock at the head of an Elf as he boarded the ship. That would only reveal their presence to the departing band, making them agitated and compromising the safety of his own crew. He needed to return to the ship and think of a new, better plan to eliminate the Elves.

After the boats had all departed, he motioned to his crew to follow him down the cliff and back to the ship. On the way, he tried to think of some new strategy the Corsairs could employ, but was thoroughly stumped. Then, when he reached his quarters, Marreth remembered the mysterious Snowman and what he had said to the stranger in their last meeting: Watch for the flash of the lantern at sunset. Of course, how foolish! I shall find out the plans of the Elves and surprise them again. Only this time, I will not be so gentle. As the sun lowered onto the horizon, Marreth took his lantern to the window of his ship and flashed it three times. His plan would not fail again.

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 09-06-2004 at 12:09 PM.