View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #99
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Catching up ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraModdess
*is officially taking death requests*
Well, it's not Poe, but if I have to go, I would rather like to go like the Kenneth Williams character in Carry on Screaming. Frying Tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
What's going on between Roa and SpM at the moment looks like a classical suspicion match between two active innocents to me. Nice TV for the wolves.
Quite possibly. My reasons for suspecting Roa basically revolve around her aggressive approach, particularly her early accusations of Nerwen and me based on what I regard as rather flimsy evidence. It might be said that a Wolf would not risk drawing attention to herself by acting so aggressively, especially on Day 1. Problem is that Roa always acts that way, whether Wolf or Innocent. As I said, I'm reserving judgment for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
All this creating of confusion, all that could be seen as "contact-making" (more of that with Greenie), all the suspicion thrown around like at random (well that could be argued for as a tactics of an innocent as well) and to top it; his defence of himself of saying it would be bad for a wolf to do what he did... heh, so not a wolf, but... a cobbler?
Pur-lease. As both Roa and Pitch have pointed out, if it was a ruse, it was a bad one. Credit me with a bit more nouse, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Now if I would have to make a quess now on who's the Bear, I would say Greenie is. The way she talks about the Bear all the time ("no Bear would talk of her own role that much") would be just fine for a Bear.
I don't get this at all. Everyone has been talking about the Bear to some degree or other. Which is hardly surprising, given that the Bear is a relatively rare feature of WW games. And, given that Greenie was simply saying that we should not concentrate on the Bear but not forget him either, you seem rather to be over-emphasising the import of her words in this regard. I see nothing especially 'Bearish' in what Greenie has said, as distinct from anyone else who has discussed the subject.

Is it me, or is Noggie acting uncharacteristically aggressively? Perhaps he has changed his style since days of yore, but I always thought that he was more measured, at the outset at least. The again, the same point applies as I made above. Would a Wolf act so 'in your face' right from the outset on Day 1?

I'm glad to see that Boro, at least, caught my drift concerning the dynamics between the Bear and the Wolves. I pretty much agree with all that he says. It's not a case of trying to get one or t'other of them on our side or relying on them to side with us, but rather pointing out, so that they are clear, what it is their best interests to do.