Thread: The White Tree
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2004, 07:16 AM   #25
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White Tree

When mark10_20 sent me the White Tree icon, I immediately could see that it belonged on the Downs. It was crisp, clear and complete - you could see the entire item - and it looked good hanging in the darkness of the barrow. Since that is how I had designed all of the exisiting forum icons, it was an easy choice to add the tree to our roster.

Unfortunately, I don't like the axe very much. It's a bit larger than our icons, and it is incomplete - only the axe head is visible. Also, it's color is pale and washed out looking. I appreciate the effort you took to make it, but I just don't feel I can use it. mark10_20's tree was the first icon I had ever used that I hadn't personally created, because I have always been picky about the graphics on the site. I intend to continue being picky, but that doesn't mean you can't try again.

If I like an icon that someone sends to me, I just might use it. Since each post can only have one icon, there's no way someone can abuse them by filling the screen with them (like smilies). So, there's no reason why we can't have a larger list.