View Single Post
Old 09-06-2003, 05:13 AM   #26
elf-girl-63
Haunting Spirit

elf-girl-63 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Nuinyulma was shocked. She didn't know what to say. SO was Caranel by the looks of it.

"I'm sorry Tiruviel. I'm, I'm not sure really. It all depends on whether I find anything to do here."

She quickly left the table and went over to the bar to sit and think. She was glad no one followed her over. While she sipped the last part of her drink, Nuinyulma realised she was feeling quite hungry and so waylaid Ruby who was busy serving other customers. She left the bar and retreated to a dark corner where she ate her meal deep in thought. Caranel was still there but Tiruviel had gone- to her room Nuinyulma presumed.

After her meal had finished and her plate cleared away. Nuinyulma returned to her favourite past time- watching and listening to people in the inn. All the staff seemed terribly hurried like something was going to happen- not long from now.

As she went up to her room, she heard Cook and Aman talking- it seemed someone named Piosenniel was coming and this was very important. Where had she heard the name before? Ah yes! May Bracegurtle had mentioned her being the last inn-keeper before Aman. She had mentioned a party as well. It must've been that.

When Nuinyulma had reached the top of the stairs to her small attic room she found Ruby in there cleaning.

"Oh! I'm very sorry Mistress Elf but you will have to move a bit further down. An old friend of everyone's is arriving and her and her family are having these rooms. I hope you don't mind."

"Oh course not Ruby. A young hobbit told me about it earlier. Will there be a pary be any chance? I haven't been to one for such a long time."

[ September 06, 2003: Message edited by: elf-girl-63 ]

All that is gold does not glitter...