View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 03:45 PM   #103
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
SLAVE ESCAPEES - MAJOR CHARACTERS
  • Nogrod - Hadith (aka Apples), 18 y/o, slave escapee (male)
  • Firefoot - Johari, 31 y/o, slave escapee (female)
  • Novnarwen – Aedhild, 42-52 y/o slave escapee (female)

Slave Escapees – MINOR CHARACTERS
  • Undómë – Brenna, slave escapee, 51 y/o (female)
  • Tevildo – Azhar, slave escapee, 12 y/o (female)
  • Folwren - Kwell Dunfire, 13 y/o slave escapee, (male)
  • Orofaniel - Liviol, almost 20 y/o slave escapee (male)
~*~
Looking at the list, there seems to be different stories... 50+ slave escapees in question.

The major characters have written:
Nogrod: run with the people of his barracks who had a plan to kind of betray the others who uprised to make sure their own escape.
Firefoot: A loner who didn't want company, but found the other escapees after one or two days of lonely run.
Novnarwen: took her six weeks to come straight to the caves, so not one of the 50+ gang (or should be taken out from that?)

The minor characters had no specifics on their escape, but
Folwren: "joined the desperate group who tried to escape"

So Undómë, Tevildo & Orofaniel, what do you think? Should at least two or three of your minor characters come from that very same barracks who decided to let their friends down and just run for it without a fight and who thence succeeded, getting only a few other individual survivors on their numbers? (according to my narration, of course, but no one has protested - or read it - yet... )

In the utmost athmosphere of inconfidence we have written our slaves in (really, people do maintain their humour and manage to live in the worst conditions, but maybe our charachters (partly mine also) are just the only lunatics around... ), it would be nice to write with even one or two of us knowing each other beforehand, even fragmentarily. And surely knowing someone is no reason to trust anyone...

One possible tie that I thought of was Undómë's character who was said to be a "no-nonsense sort of woman with a helping hand for those who need it". I have written myself that my character had been taken care by the elders of the barracks because they pitied him for his rough fate. Then Granny Brenna might have known (or even been a friend of sorts) with either Hadith's father or mother, or both - they were roughly the same age-group, maybe a bit younger - and had been one of those who helped him. So she might be one with whom Hadith would have some trust - and possibly she would have some too for Hadith (well, never know)?

Or anything...

Do you think these should be discussed here or just individually via PM's?