View Single Post
Old 06-21-2002, 12:17 AM   #19
Kalla
Haunting Spirit

Kalla has just left Hobbiton.
Ok, so Kalla's a dork and remembers things just after she posts...lol. Told you it was late. I also wanted to say, just as I don't think pity and mercy is judgemental, I don't think there is a right or wrong to it...just different. I feel we make personal decisions and learn from them, but one cannot judge another's reactions or actions because they have not been in that person's position and in their head. Frodo had an understanding of Gollum, but he also knew he did not know all that Gollum had been through and thus did not judge him on that. He saw that Gollum had helped him and could recognize that there was light still within him because Frodo was himself tormented and felt that light within (consciously or no). I didn't interpret it as a judgment of mercy or pity, but that he saw the light, and thus felt hope and that allowed the light to have a chance. But I digress...ok, I shall leave this board for tonight...lol, I've probably muddied the waters up enough by now anyway. Thanks for reading my ramblings. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Kalla is offline   Reply With Quote