Thread: Viggo to Quit?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 07:29 AM   #3
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

I've read the book, and I've heard a bit about the movie...and from the looks of things, I wouldn't really be surprised if Viggo had to take a break from acting for a while after all that. Also, I think I read somewhere that he went straight from another movie into working on The Road. Doing two movies in a row would be hard in any case, but perhaps especially so given the intensity of TR.

He never goes for the easy roles, and this one is no exception--it looks very physically and emotionally demanding, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted a break after all that. He also seems to have a lot on his plate with art, photography, writing...he's a busy guy and maybe he needs some time off for his health and so that he can pursue some of his other passions. Kudos to him for having the smarts to do what's right for himself--I think acting can be a difficult business to leave or even take a break from.

I do hope he does do a DDL, like Morothon suggested. I really like his work and it would be a shame for him to just completely stop for good.

I don't think The Hobbit, as it stands right now, needs an Aragorn, and to include him would be a mistake. He'd be needed for a bridge film, but that's not what TH2 is going to be, so I can't see the need of an Aragorn at all, especially not one played by Viggo. I could see the filmmakers trying to work him in as a child, but since I don't think that Rivendell's going to have any part to play at all, it would be pretty hard to justify.