View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #119
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
C'mon Rune, even Legate agrees with me on this!

Any idea why he chose Fëanor and the Two Trees of Valinor as examples there while talking about the Prancing Pony? Well because they are "realistically" THAT famous indeed.

Actually they are the ones that spring to mind immediately when you try to think who or what is famous for real...

I see no indication that the Two Trees of Valinor was widely known outside elven-circles in the third age.

I know that this is a somewhat hollow statement, since this sort of scrutiny can be applied to everybody on the list.

It all depends on how one choses to read the word "famous".... I would never call the sun famous, but I am fairly sure that most people that walk this earth, know of it. The trees would have been known to many in their time, but I guess not to all, some would only be familiar with their light. After they died, I doubt they were well known to any other than the Eldar.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote