Thread: The White Horse
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2003, 10:33 PM   #273
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aylwen had remained silent for a long time: much longer than she was accustomed to. Typically Aylwen was a loud, rambunctious person, but not tonight. She'd had many other things to think about these days.

Observing the friendly jokes and antics of the companions Mattius, Radagast, Endereth, and Calentoliel, Aylwen was glad that they would continue their journey.

Quote:
So, does anyone hold a possible interest in joining the follow-up to TBM?
Aylwen smiled as she remembered this comment. She'd be interested in creating a character to joint the characters of TBM in thier "quest" (I dislike that word...) to make Fangorn a safe place again.

*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!

Quote:
Some of you have run your own games, and I wonder if you could expand on where or how you generated your plots/ideas.
The idea for Search for the Book arised thanks to my little sister. She is currently learning about ancient Egypt in her sixth grade social studies class. I remembered two years back when I did, and thought it would be cool to have a sort of Ancient Egyptian pyramid in the form of a mountain. Since I'm a more mortal type of girl, and since we would be allowed to have Elves and Dwarves (or, an elf and a dwarf), I chose Dale to be the starting point. I knew we'd need some reason to be going to an Egyptian-inspired mountain home of a lost race (A race of forgotten Elves of some sort), so I "invented" the Wanaparma. Now little Ari can find a cure for his mother! And we must prove to Jack Strife that the book exists.

I think the most exciting part of the Rpg will come when the travelers have to get through the mountain (pyramid!) and avoid all the booby traps and tricks in the place and get the book (and get the heck outta there!).

Quote:
Would you prefer to see some kind of mentoring available for your games?
Forgive me for saying so, but Rohan is supposed to offer less moderating, but still be organized. If we wanted a lot of moderating and a closely watched RPG, we'd be in the Shire with the kind inkeepers, Cami and Pio. In Rohan I think that it is good to be having more imaginative games, like the Rohan RPG, The Blue Mountains RPG, Kidnapped RPG, Search for the Book RPG, and especially the My Crow Managment RPG, with it's cool crows and all.

Quote:
The Appendices contain many snippets of stories that could easily sustain lengthy RPGs.
Very true. Or you could go with geography...say find a less inhabited place or something, perhaps? Off the top of my head: An RPG where there is a tunnel is in the Ered Lithui (Northern Range of Mordor), and it is allowing the Dark Lord's armies to travel into the area south of Dale, Mirkwood, and Erebor. The character's job would be to destroy the tunnel, and avoid lingering armies, and any evil on the fringe of Mordor's lands. Plus, it could start in my favorite city (Dale...of course!)!

So there are many ideas that can come from something as simple as one sentence, or as old as a chain of mountains. People just have to stop being afraid of being imaginative, if that makes any sense at all.

I can't remember anything else, and I'm tired anyway so... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]