View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #1327
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Perhaps I should reveal my Nightly work?

Given the fact that I could only actually kill ducks, by the end of the game I had a list of known Not-Ducks. Problem was, half were dead.

First Night: Brinn. Always a safe bet. Either she died, or I had a reliable ally. She didn't die. I proclaimed my faith in her to the world.

Second Night: Nogrod. It is traditional for me to try to kill him. Same reasoning as for Brinn: I needed to know who I could rely on later.

Third Night: Rikae. If she was a duck, the village would be done with her. If not, well, whatever.

Fourth Night: This Night I was rewarded for being so well-behaved: I kept my post count below forty, I think it was, and consequently got two kill choices. First choice was Kath. So long, ducky. Second choice was Izzy. I simply wasn't sure. Consequently, the next day I had another known innocent.

Of course by that point Gwath had revealed and cleared Nog and Brinn, and Rikae was dead, so my ish-seer skills weren't immediately needed. What was I going to do, say "Yeah! I agree! I know the same stuff about them he does!" So I hushed like a good little wallflower and made sure y'all didn't go and kill Izzy on me.

With Durelin suggesting that roles had changed prior to Kath's death, Izzy was the only player I could claim certainty of. I needed her alive as my known innocent.

Of course then she died.

However, Fifth Night: I bagged Nerwen-duck, which was quite lovely. After all of my 'known innocents' being rendered useless either by death or by Durelin, it felt good to at least have nailed ducks two nights running.

And then.

Well, if Durelin was telling the truth and people had changed, I had no information to rely on. Izzy was dead, Cobbler-Rikae was gone, Brinn was long gone. I still had Nog around to trust, and Gwath had said Mith and Mac were okay, but if Durelin was telling the truth about multiplying ducks, I had no way of knowing who to attack in the Night.

She had to die. The only way I could attack a duck with any legitimate hope of success was to know her role.

Hence, "Durelin must die."

If she hadn't been lynched, I was going to kill her in the Night.

I now humbly depart to do more research.

Also, I concur: Shasta's death was amazing.

Good game everybody.

Thanks, Sally and Mistress Modduckess.

And of course Phantom.