View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 08:34 AM   #22
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigūr View Post
Absolutely, and apologies for littering this thread with things that would constitute spoilers. I heartily recommend watching the Classic Series when you are done with New. There's no need to watch Classic in order, really, as the Classic series has little serious continuity in the sense that plot developments very rarely come back later; it's more focused on the plot of each individual serial. It's a very different show in my view to the new one, and old-fashioned at times, but many of the Classic Doctors are very engaging characters and it often deals with interesting "science fiction" style issues. I think you'll have many more points to discuss in comparison to Professor Tolkien's work as a result of watching the Classic serials.
Oh certainly! My plan was actually to start with Classic Who. The website I usually watch shows from had two tabs: "Doctor Who" and "Doctor Who 2005". I thought that they referred to the Classic and New Who, and started watching what I thought was Classic, but it turned out that both tabs were actually identical New Who - but it was too late to stop. It's gonna take me a while, but I will watch it eventually.