View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #169
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The AKM Special Interview

The AKM at Lothlórien

As everything starts to gear up towards the quarterfinals, the AKM managed to get the goalies from both FC Valinor and Erebor into a short interview together. And so here it is, unabridged, straight to the readers of the AKM!

The AKM: Great to have you two giving us your time for a moment. So let’s get straight to the bussiness. What are your feelings now at the eve of the quarterfinal?

Huan: I’m both confident and relaxed and so is our team. But sure, there are no walks in the park left in this tournament and every team that comes against you is a top quality one.

Beorn: This sure will be our biggest challenge thus far, but I think we have shown to any doubters out there that Erebor plays very good football this season and we believe in our chances, naturally.

The AKM: What do you think is the most challenging feature in your opponent’s game, and how are you going to deal with it?

Beorn: Well the brothers sure are a nightmare to any goalie or defence with their ruthless scoring – but many people often forget that they have also players like Yavanna and Lórien in the midfield who are an elemental part of their team’s success. And my colleague here sure is one of the very best when it comes to keeping your sheet clean between the posts… so there will be challenges. Well, how to deal with it? We need to go defence first this time. And it’s not only our great eagles, but also our midfield needs to really fly this time, if you forgive me the expression. And Smaug, Bard, the Nazgûl… they have to deliver in this game.

Huan: Well my colleague here is very modest, but he sure is this year’s sensation and the hottest goalie right now – and flying in front of him are three great eagles. So that clearly is the nut for us to crack in this game. And also, even if we’re going to attack fervently like we do in all our games, we shouldn’t forget players like Smaug who can really be deadly if given room to manouver. But what to do about it? We’ll just play our game: pressure, attack, posses the ball, shoot a lot, run fast, keep lines tight, aid the mates, no blunders… yeah, we need to play our game. That’s the answer.

The AKM: Would you be willing to predict or to bet for the outcome?

Huan: Let’s leave the betting to humans, dwarves and orcs. But I do believe that the nice defencive stats of both teams might look a bit worse after this game as you'll be seeing some scoring on both ends of the pitch. But we will outscore Erebor in the end, let's say 4-2, or 3-2 if it gets tight.

Beorn: I would actually disagree here a bit about the nature of the game. Well, surely it won’t be 0-0, but I’d say we win 2-1. There is some real attacking power in both teams but as the game is such an important one neither team won’t be having open doors in defence either.

Huan: Even if you tried to "close the door", Curufin anf Celegorm would just break through it to score... and I don't think Smaug either is one who knocks and waits if someone comes to open.

Beorn: That was only a metaphor my canine friend.

Huan: Sure, but I'm afraid you over-estimate your own powers at the goal - and maybe mine too. You're young and not that experienced in football yet. Let me tell you there will be... more than four goals in the game. There is such a talent and power in the offence that goals just can't be avoided - even if we as the keepers would wish it.

The AKM: Would you like to bet on that?

Beorn: I'll buy you a pint of the best mead there is available in Lothlórien if you guys score three goals.

Huan: That's a fair offer. And to show I'm no less generous I'll offer you a pint of your choice of mead if you score two.

The AKM: That's a bet?

Huan: No. I'm sharing a pint with my colleague here after the match. The outcome only tells which one of us pays.

Beorn: Well put.

The AKM: Okay then. Well, thank you for your time and may the better team win.

Last edited by Nogrod; 07-21-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote