View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #64
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Actually, you misrepresent what happened Legate. Fea gave her post with the retraction and one-liner explanation. I asked for more, she gave it, and since then I have not asked for any more. That means you can assume that either 1. I have been convinced by Fea's reasoning or 2. I have gotten all that I need from it and find no more use in pursuing it.

My other posts have not been still asking Fea for more, but responses to Roa and Nerwen who have asked what the hell is going on?
Okay, fine with me then, though in fact, I could still join in asking the question which Roa asked you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
You didn’t answer my question. You said weren’t convinced that Fea used you to throw away her retractables because your name was first alphabetically. I want to know why you should need convincing of it. And no, it’s not a crime, but the comment was not a throwaway, and there was nothing suspicious about it. Your implication of suspicion here is what I find suspicious, and you have yet to give a satisfactory answer as to your reaction.
---

Quote:
Why shouldn’t we be looking at it? The behavior on Boro’s part is suspicious, ergo I question him. Why does that seem odd to you?
It does not necessarily seem odd to me, but I think it's too much of an easy place to pick on somebody. Boro's behavior seemed, let's say, weird to me, but not necessarily suspicous - I could as well imagine him acting that way. (Despite the fact that I would like to hear his explanation of that, mind you!) But I was, or am, slightly afraid of the easiness of creating a big issue from such a rather minor thing, which is actually what in some ways seems to be happening right now. So just in other words, I am warning innocents of jumping onto this discussion without clear head, because I think this is a model situation of how the Day 1 lynches always emerge. That's not to say that we couldn't lynch Boro, for that matter. But I just think that this case of one comment should not be let to overgrow into a huge bandwaggon suspicion, which so often happens from small seeds like this. And that's what makes the first Day easier for the Wolves, needless to say (unless in this case Boro was one of them).

Quote:
Umm... the game? The players who have posted thus far? What you think of peoples assertions? Who you're considering to be captain? Who you think might be a wolf (and why)? Who don't think is a wolf (and why)? We may not have much but we do have two pages. What do you think of them?
Well yes, that's what I would like to discuss too. However, I don't exactly want to say much yet before some more players appear - indeed, as it's been said, there had been quite a lot of people who still didn't show up, or who did not post much more than one short post or something. Also, then, from what I can say, I don't really feel like having read enough to vote for somebody as a Captain. I would really like to see others first. But okay, for the sake of it, one name - Nerwen, for instance. But that's really a long run yet, like I said. Very, very preliminary ideas.

If more people show up, you may get more from me.

EDIT: x-ed with Nienna and on
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote