View Single Post
Old 01-25-2003, 07:54 AM   #17
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Sting

*Wiping tears from my eyes* Oh, I'm dying. That was absolutely hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in ages. Granted, some of them didn't work if you had watched the movies more than a few times or read the books once, but still.

Quote:
Liv Tyler's character is shown holding off nine supernatural beings, even though she is clearly a woman
How can you take it seriously after reading that?

I thought it was hilarious, and piled up into one pile all the ridiculous criticisms of any good movie I've ever heard. (while adding just enough of the absurd to make sure it is taken as a joke) And I like his "apology"

Quote:
...I have an Associate Degree, so my opinion is worth more than yours. I'm sorry if this offends you, but it is simply a fact of life
How many times have you heard this (maybe in different words) spewing from the mouth of some self-important jerk who (apparently) spent his college years drunk and insensate on his dorm room floor? I know I've heard it a time or two.

Gentle readers, please do not get upset at this article. It is merely a joke, and should be taken as such. This is a parody of all the self-important people who criticise a thing before taking the time to understand it. It is all the more potent because it comes from such a masterwork as LotR.
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Garen LiLorian is offline   Reply With Quote