View Single Post
Old 06-01-2003, 10:34 AM   #777
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

"...what draws so many of the fair folk here?"

Aman raised her eyebrows and shrugged. "It surprised me as well, seeing so many of them here, although they aren't that much different from anyone else, really. I suppose it could have something to do with the fact that Piosenniel - sorry, the Innkeeper before me, that is - was half-elven. Otherwise...well, I would guess that they are simply looking for a place to get away from everything else. Many stay for a long time, and become regulars- why, I am still thought of as 'the new Innkeeper' to some. But at some point it seems people from every different background drop in here.You would be surprised at some of the sorts we get in the Inn- after to all, half-elves, dwarves, aye, and messengers from King Eomer." She winked at him, grinning.

There were no newcomers in the Inn now, and Ruby was still dealing with 'the buckskin woman' as Aman had begun to think of her, so Aman settled down to talk some more to Eodwine, taking in more details about him as they talked. His hair was blonde, common among the Rohirrim, and he wore fine clothes, which sat on him as they would on a soldier. Indeed, Aman wondered whether he had been in the War-he was about forty-ish, with crows feet at the sides of his eyes when he laughed and smiled, which he did readily enough.

As she talked to him, she saw Derufin burst suddenly into the kitchen, and caught a glimpse of the wide smile he wore on his sharp features. What's gotten into him? she thought, her eyes following after him. She turned back suddenly at the sound of Cami's voice, as the hobbit also joined them, talking excitedly in her usual cheerful way, and inquiring about Bird...