View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 04:38 AM   #768
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

As Léspheria took the last bite of her pie and swallowed the last sip of her tea, she heard the distictively Elven words,

"Aa'menealle nauva calen ar'malta"

She was surprised to hear the uncommonly used parting phrase turned into a greeting, but as she looked around the room her eyes fell on a table in the centre, it was surrounded by hobbits young and old listening intently to the Three High elves that she immediately recognised from Rivendell.

They had left Rivendell shortly after Elrond and she had thought they had followed him over the sea, her heart sang to see that the rummours that they travelled all the lands of Middle-Earth looked to be true.

She rose from her seat excitedly, her heart racing, would they even remember who she was As she gracefully walked towards them, her long dark hair flowed behind her, although the sides were tied back into a loose braid that ran down her back two smaller braids hung down the side of her cheeks in front of her Elven ears and they swang a little as she walked.

"Vedui' Myguel High Elf of Rivendell", she greeted him smiling, "Vedui' Enguel, Ywen" she continued bowing slightly to them in turn.

The trio looked at the fair elven features and the glistening grey eyes of the younger elf trying to recall her name, then Myguel speaking for the three of them replied, "Mae govannen Léspheria Denfëa, Ambassador and friend to Rangers."

Her smile broadened and her heart race a little more as he spoke her name so he does remember me. Seeing that the formal introductions were over they embraced.

"Cormamin lindua ele lle, nae saian laumme'"
(My heart sings to see thee, it has been to long) she said as they broke from the embrace.

Remembering her manners and not wishing to seem rude to the hobbits gathered around the trio she continued in westron,

"It has been Twelve long years now since you left Rivendell, I feared that you had left these fair lands with the others on the last crossing, please let me buy you a drink and you can tell me of your adventures since last we met."

She then went to the bar to get their drinks, Aman was not there as she looked round she saw the Rohirrim woman and the hobbit woman Cami greeting a newcomer, so she popped behind the bar and drew two mugs of the Shires finest ale and two cups of the best white wine that she could find. Setting them down on the bar as she counted out the correct coinage and popped it in the wooden money drawer, beneath the counter. she then lifted the drinks and returned to the table, setting them down infront of her kin and settled herself down to listen to her old friends tales.