View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 09:18 AM   #7
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
Having a spark of divinity, as we can say, Anglachel and Anguirel made from meteorite which was a fallen star which in turn comes from Varda's well fed with the dews of Telperion; and Sauron's Ring "speaking" in Mount Doom:

[QOUTE] Begone, and trouble me no more! If you touch me ever again, you shall be cast yourself into the Fire of Doom! [/QUOTE]

we can then argue that certain items with that "spark of divinity" could develop, shall we say, a mind of their own. Didn't the Silmarils rejoice at light and gave it back in hues more splendid than before?

However the excellent point that says the "voice" may all be in Turin's head is also something to be noted. The blood of Beleg, and of Brandir, slain unjustly, these are at that particular point in his life very piercing thoughts, and together with Nienor's true name, enough to make a man go wild and commit suicide (kinda like seppuku, but if he were a Bushido-loving fellow the suicide would have been at the fall of Nargothrond).

About your points with swords like Sting glowing in the dark when foes are close, doesn't Orcrist at Thorin's grave also light up when enemies are at hand? I suppose this is a characteristic of Noldorin works, being able to light up. From the Silmarils to the Feanorian lamps to their swords to Galadriel's vial.

Legal Madness.
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote