Thread: Queen of Queens
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #6
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
As a Telcontar, I of course vote for Arwen Evenstar as the Queen to top all other Queens. Though she doesn't stand in the limelight, we know from the story in Appendix A that she had power that was used very subtly. She was the secret behind the winning of the War of the Ring, since Aragorn would have lacked impetus without her to inspire him. The fact that she and Aragorn were one in their hope for victory strengthened him so that he did not lose hope.

It took courage to remain behind when the other Elves left, to face death of her own free will - I think she is often grossly underestimated.

As a fabric artist I appreciate the love, hope, and labour with patience and endurance that she invested in the standard she made for Aragorn. No mere needlework that!

And she provided for the continuation of the Telcontar dynasty by giving birth to Eldarion, the heir.

Lommy, that is a wonderful quote and a unique idea!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote