View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 10:25 AM   #39
Nirvana II
Wight

Nirvana II has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe Carl Brandybuck of Whitwell

Carl, while still working on some furniture, was approached by Buttercup, a maid at the Inn which he had not had a chance to talk to, being surrounded by hobbit lads and gaffers. She asked "What exactly is the name of this new pipe-weed? It does not smell of Southlinch, or of any Shire pipe-weed. What is it?" In perfect Carl fashion, he answered in full, "It is a blend of what Gondorian men call sweet galenas bred with Southern Star, Old Toby, and Longbottom Leaf. My cousin Hildi and I grow it in Longbottom. If you wish, on my next ride I could bring a sample of what I have dubbed Gondorian Pride back to the Inn. I shall ask Aman very soon!"

"Well,” she replied, “may I try some of this Gondorian Pride please?"

"Of course, I happen to have some with me at the moment (and in the popularity my leaf has gained in an afternoon, I should rightly think that I will always have some)."With that he gave her two things, a large amount of the leaf, and a curious pipe, made of silver. “One of two that my father gave me. He was once visited by Elves, you know. Think of me when you smoke!" with that, he continued with his work.

About an hour later, Regin, the head of rebuilding the Inn came to him while he was making furniture. “Excuse me young sir but I do not recall ever seeing you and wish to introduce myself. My name is Regin Hardhammer and I am in charge of this rebuilding process. I am very grateful for your help in the project, and hope that you stay for a while for the rebuilding party after the completion of the Inn. I have not smoked quality weed for an extremely long time, for these days it is very hard to come by, especially on the road. I do not know the name of the blend you have, but it smells delightful. May I relieve you of a portion, only a pipe full perhaps?"

"Well of course Master Hardhammer! I am Carl Brandybuck, a hobbit of Whitwell at your service!" Carl handed Regin and large amount of the leaf. “And as for staying at the Inn when it is complete, I might move here from Whitwell, sir. My blend is very special, it is a combination of sweet galenas, Southern Star, Old Toby, and Longbottom Leaf. I have said that so many times it is getting redundant. My Cousin Hildi gave me a large supply when I left Longbottom, so I am planning a return trip to attempt to make the plant indigenous to this area. Now that I have said that, I must find Aman! Good day to you, Master Hardhammer!" With that he strode away to find Aman. She had been at the stables.

"Ah, good Master Brandybuck, how may I help you?" she said.

“Tomorrow I am leaving for Longbottom to replenish my stock of Pride. I need your permission to grow it around Bywater."

“Well of course, Carl. That Pride of yours is wonderful!"

Вы - пончик желе!

Я оказался снова.

Частное сообщение меня, если Вы понимаете.