View Single Post
Old 08-21-2002, 12:07 PM   #18
Iaurlachien
Pile O'Bones

Iaurlachien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

You asked me what was going to be the plot of this story. I have given it a bit of a thought but I'd appreciate some help from y'all. We have to be able to tell a story which is complicated and has many different plot lines. On the other hand we have to keep it understandable and clear. If we make it too complicated we're sure to be going nowhere.

I suggest:
*Every character having a tale for itself. For example the character I chose doesn't know who her parents are and is determined to find that out because she feels she doesn't know quite everything there is to know about herself. So try to make your character part of something important. Maybe he or she is highly honourded by it's race or has a very interesting and mysterious history.
*On the other hand we should create a story line that is most important. The main plot line, if you understand what I mean. Suggestions on this are always welcome. Post any ideas, please. To answer your question: THE MAIN PLOT LINE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A QUEST. I think we should try and create a story that is different from any other story on this forum and we should try to let go of tolkien's main plot line. We would just be copying his story and putting in other names otherwise.

If I have any ideas, I'll post them later today.

Love,

Rothallė the Black