View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 09:15 AM   #32
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

Quote:
Of course! Books are always better than movies based on books, because they always leave parts out and the characters never look the same as in your imagination.
I quite agree. The books are always more detailed and therefore much better in my opinion. I liked the film, but I didn't like that they let out characters such as Tom Bombadil and Erkenbrand.

In the books you also get another feeling. After you've read it, you feel that you know the characters as they were your best friends, you don't get that feeling after watching the film. I at least, don't get that feeling. But that counts for all books they make films of.

So, I would definitely say that I liked the LotR book way better than the film(s). (Still waiting for what the third film has to offer.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )

EDIT:BTW, Theoden I love your avatar....The one ring moving around, eh? Neat! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ October 14, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]