View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Rules and Regulations

There 24 players.

There are 4 wolves - with double-kills at Night as long as there are four of them.

There is 1 Cobbler.

There will be 3 gifteds: a seer, a ranger and a hunter.

The rest of the players will be just plain ordos with no other capabilities but their brains.

Roles and regulations on the roles.

The Wolves can PM together during the Nights, but not during Days. The wolves should send me the name of the one they intend to kill every Night an hour before the deadline. So long as there are four wolves alive, they get to kill two players every Night. If the number of innocents is reduced to equal the number of the wolves, the wolves win. The cobbler is counted as an innocent.

The Cobbler wishes for the wolves to win and will do whatever she thinks best to obtain that goal. The cobbler doesn’t know the identity of the wolves – and the wolves don’t know the identity of the cobbler. The cobbler can send one suggestion to the wolves every Night as whom to kill (via the mod). The cobbler wins if she is alive (is one of the remaining innocents) when the wolves claim victory. She is also granted bragging rights if she manages to give the victory to the wolves with a deliberate sacrifice.

The Seer can send me a name of one person every Night (including Night1) and I will send her the role of that person. All the roles are visible to the seer, so she will also learn the cobbler.

The Ranger can send me a name of one person every Night she would like to protect that Night. The ranger should PM that name to me at least an hour before the deadline. If the wolves attack a protected person there will be no kill that Night – and that will be revealed in the narration. The ranger can not protect herself or protect the same person two Nights in a row.

In this game the Hunter is an addition of Sauron so she will be what is sometimes called a “chaotic hunter”. That means that she will take one player with her whether lynched by Day or killed during the Night, regardless of the role of that person. The hunter should send me a name of the one she will hunt before the end of D1 – thereafter she has a right to change the name anytime she wishes. The hunter may change her target during Daytime to the last minute (if it looks like she is going to be lynched she can make a last minute change of target if so wishing), but if she wishes to change her target during the Night she should do that at least an hour before the deadline.

Miscellaneous rules.

- Everyone will have one retractable vote during the whole game. It is there mainly for the use when someone needs to vote very early but then against the expectations gets a chance to come online again before the deadline – and with the possible new information she may then retract her vote and vote again. But everyone is allowed to use the retrackie the way they wish: throw it away on your first post of the game, fool others and use it at the last second of the Day… whatever you like. Just remember that there is only one of them for you for the entire game.

- All the votes having a time-stamp of .00 (on the BD-post clock) will be counted. Any votes with the time .01 or more will not be counted. The votes should be bolded and posted on a separate row (with preferably an empty row both over and under it) for easier recognition. The form is the basic:

++ Nogrod

- As it looks like being a bit larger game there will be modfire. If someone doesn’t post and vote for two Days in a row that player is modfired regardless of her role. Other slackers you will have to deal with by your own means.

- No PM from me – or anyone else for that matter – is allowed to be used as evidence. In case you find an issue that is not explained in these rules and regulations you can ask about it in the thread or PM me (in case you don’t want to be known to be the person who asked, or if you want to ensure a speedier answer) – I will then clear the issue in the thread.

- No game-related discussions should go on outside the thread between players still living or between the living and those dead while the game is on. But as there will be no miraculous rebirths in this game, I find it futile to try and prohibit any communication between the already dead people.

- Fight as hard as you can but don’t be abrasive or dishonoring of other players. All tactics are allowed but hurting other peoples’ feelings is not (consequently: there's no need to get hurt personally when some others suspect you). The idea of the game is to have fun.

- Remember to turn invisible. I will be on visible mode so you can easily see whether I'm online or not if you have a quick question etc.

- For the convenience of other players and for easier reference, please bold all the names of your fellow-players in your posts.

- In a case of a tie the one who gets the last highest vote will be lynched (as she is the "last word" of yours).

GAME STARTS ON 1.1.11. AT 10PM GMT/UTC (5PM EST) WITH N1.

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-08-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote